Together we conducted a really positive meeting, sharing knowledge and experience, including previous SWAN groups and campaigns.
An overview of our meeting:
- We spoke about what we wanted from a SWAN group and what worked/did not work previously
- The difficulty of engaging with practising social workers, and why
- Brief discussion surrounding the Children and Social Care Bill and the negatives of outsourcing services
- Ideas of campaigning, our experience of this and noted points from regional SWAN workshops
- We discussed possible campaign focus, settling on Homelessness, which has been prevalent locally and nationally; considering recent stats released and discussing the homelessness reduction bill
- Considered campaign focused groups and venting groups, devised from advice given from other SWAN groups
- Possible meeting times/places, to keep encouraging a wide range of people to attend
- Possible speakers that could benefit the campaign
For more information, just email us on email@example.com.