The plenary sessions at this year’s conference are:
– Building Critical Alliances, Mending the Gap in Social Work’
– Fighting for good practice in times of austerity
– History and future challenges for social work
This year’s conference will provide a forum for social work practitioners, academics, service users, students and activists to discuss:
– Defending good social work practice and promoting social justice-based approaches in times of austerity.
– The impact of austerity and development of alternatives.
– Building critical alliances in defence of social work and social justice.
– History of radicalism in social and community work.
– 10 years from the publication from the “Manifesto for a new engaged practice”: the emergence of new radicalism and future directions for the Social Work Action Network.
– Social movements and international social work.
– Developing a progressive pedagogy in social work education.
Please see the bottom of this article for a number of documents for download: draft programme, how to get to the conference, call for papers, seminars & workshops.
In order to complete your online registration please click here. A flyer for the conference is downloadable at the foot of the page.
Conference fees for 2014 are:
£65 Academics, trade union representatives
Free for service users and asylum seekers
Accommodation (not included in the registration fee):
(There is only a limited number of university provided accommodation in this price. Please book early to avoid disappointment) – £40 (single en suite)
Conference Dinner (not included in the registration fee) – £15
Should you have any queries regarding booking and accommodation, please contact email@example.com
If you have any questions abouth the content and themes of the conference please contact Vasilios Ioakimidis firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send you abstracts to email@example.com (for more infomation read the call for papers)